45 Merrion Square
Introduction / History / Refurbishment / Hiring IAA Facilities
No. 45 Merrion Square is the largest terraced house on the Square. Built c. 1795, the house was assigned to Irish Architectural Archive by Ruairí Quinn TD, Minister for Finance, in 1996. The Office of Public Works carried out an extensive programme of works to the house from 2002 to 2004, including the refurbishment of the historic fabric and the construction of new state-of-the-art archival stores to the rear.
Public areas include the Archive Reading Rooms and Architecture Gallery on the ground floor and a suite of interconnecting reception, meeting and lecture rooms on the piano nobile. These facilities are available for hire.